Monday, February 23, 2009

Thing 4

It's easy to feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there - how do you handle information overload and how do you think RSS might help with that?

I tried to get into RSS a few years ago when I had an extremely dull desk job staring at a computer screen 8 hours a day. For whatever reason, it never took. I think I liked being able to manually navigate through my favorite websites at my leisure. Additionally, this was at a time when RSS hadn't conquered every facet of our existence, so there were a lot of websites that I read that weren't not syndicated.

In principle, I love the idea of RSS, especially with the idea of using blogging as an assessment tool with RSS to provide notification of the updates.

I don't mind the "information overload," but I enjoy spending huge amonuts of time with a computer on my lap. I take my personal laptop to school, and I even carry a cellphone capable of reaching the internet just to be sure I'm never too far from the www. RSS could certainly help focus my energy on the important sites for those times when I'm being stretched a little thin. I just hope this time around is better than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment