Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thing 18



I chose this intro lecture on thermodynamics for it's potential to show students what they could do with PowerPoint and SlideShare. I see myself using this tool as a student directed alternative assessment project - they create a ppt presentation after a unit to teach the next class about the subject.

It looks like there is a wealth of presentations on the site, but it was hard to narrow down a search effectively. I also prefer to create my own presentations, because I feel more comfortable lecturing off of material I wrote. At the very least, it could be a chance for students to find an alternative presentation to material that might be difficult to grasp. I know that just hearing something a different way could help understanding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment